IN NEED OF A CARROT
This donkey is sitting on her backside. She ain’t pulling that cart NO MORE. ” Enough! “, she says…….GIVE ME A DAMN CARROT OR I’M NOT MOVING ANOTHER INCH!!
I’m suffering from the I – DONNO -WHAT’S. A general blehness. In need of life juice. In need of a kick up the backside.
“Count your blessings” and all that stuff. Except I DON’T WANNA. WHAT I WANT IS A PITY PARTY . Just for ME. With streamers and balloons and champagne. Oh, yes, and gifts, thank you very much.
1. It’s Monday. Monday is too close to Sunday. And way too far from Friday.
2. There’s not a decent shop within 120km.
3. There is no sushi within 120 KM.
4. I WANT TO GO TO THE LOO ALONE. Yes. That again. I don’t want to sit there shouting:
“Leave the soap! ”
” CLOSE THAT TAP IMMEDIATELY! ”
“No, don’t turn the washing basket upside down! ”
” Pick up the washing!!!!!!!!”
” Stop rolling down the toilet paper ! ”
” No, you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT FLUSH NOW!”
5. Sundays are exhausting me. Yes, I love my kids. But on Sundays I’d love to “Rent A Granny” . To send them to. For a few hours without the Sunday craziness.
Sundays used to be lazing around days. Reading, napping, relaxing days. Sunday has become “take a bite out of the bathroom door ” day…..( me. Not the kids.)
I need a carrot in front of this nose. I need something to look forward to. Something to get me off my pity-partying backside. That’s how this donkey operates.
I’ll be grateful tomorrow, ok?