“BLOJO” : BLOG MOJO …. the energy and inspiration that fuels a blog .
I wish I was the creator of this term but sadly, no. It wasn’t me. It was the “big heels” lady over at A Daft Scotts Lass.
So what to do when you’ve lost “it”? When you keep on hitting “backspace”? When last week your blog was the rockin’ flavour of the month and now it’s vanilla?
1. You keep quiet. Don’t blog for the sake of blogging. Wait a few days. Give it a rest.
2. Often blojo is lost when your audience becomes too big. And too important. Remember why you started blogging. It’s a “weblog”. YOURS. UNIQUE. Keep it that way.
3. Read other blogs. And comment on them. See what’s out there and if there is something you can use .
4. Post a picture. Or a whole picture story.
5. Write a “top 10” list. Hints,tips, guidelines, what you’d like for christmas. “Top 10” is easy to do.
6. Just start. Often ideas get flowing once you’ve typed a sentence or two.
7. Don’t blog if you’re angry or if you’ve had 6 glasses of wine. It won’t be pretty in the morning….and once it’s out there, IT IS OUT THERE. Forever. Until the cows come home. And you’re 6 feet under. And your grandchildren have to explain to their children ………and…….
8. Don’t think about every. single. word. you. write. It becomes torture just to complete a sentence. Not the point of blogging. ( see tip nr 1 )
9. I don’t have a tip nr 9.
10. I don’t have a 10th tip either.
I’ve “backspaced” at least 12 times .
Time to shut it. ( see tip nr 1 )